Fertilization in Sequim
Proper lawn management is important in ensuring the overall health and good appearance of your lawn. Considerations such as fertilization, watering, mowing and landscaping go into lawn management. As you consider your lawn fertilization types, it is a good idea to inform yourself on what is available. At Bizy Boys LLC in Sequim, we work with a wide variety of types.
Organic Lawn Fertilization in Sequim
For some folks, organic fertilizer is a necessity because chemical fertilizer has the potential to leach into wells and vegetables, and cause health problems. Other folks simply like the idea of organic fertilizer because it is more Earth-friendly. Organic fertilizer is minimally processed fertilizer made up of animal and plant matter, or minerals that occur naturally. It includes peat, manure and bone meal. In any case, there are many advantages to organic.
- It releases slowly so there is minimal risk of overdoing your lawn fertilization.
- It tends to be best for overall lawn health due to the slow release and the lack of chemicals to disrupt a lawn.
- The possibility of harmful chemicals building up is greatly reduced; in fact, the microbes that eat organic fertilizer also break down the majority of lawn chemicals such as pesticides.
- You can buy organic fertilizer or make it yourself from composted manure or via composting.
As always, it is important to choose organic fertilizer that has the proper components in the correct amounts to meet your needs. Organic fertilizer can be expensive, and you often need more of it. It is more effective in some seasons than in others.
Chemical Lawn Fertilization in Sequim
Chemical fertilizers go by other names such as artificial, inorganic and manufactured. They have been precisely processed and altered via manufacturing. Some of the chemicals may be found in nature, for example, being made from rocks and organic sources. Like with organic fertilizer, chemical fertilizer comes with a few advantages.
- It is relatively inexpensive.
- You are able to notice fertilization results in a matter of days; chemical fertilization works quickly.
- You know exactly what you are getting; for example, the weights of nitrogen and, usually, phosphorus and potassium, are clearly outlined.
Disadvantages of the chemical method include the fact that overfertilization is possible, and that could damage your entire lawn. In addition, chemicals could build up, and if you grow vegetables and fruit on your lawn, the chemicals could eventually end up in your produce. Moreover, it is not as good as organic for overall lawn health because it does not enhance soil health; it is primarily concerned with promoting plant growth. Long-term use can potentially disrupt your lawn, for instance, by damaging the soil pH and making the lawn more accessible to pests.
Contact Us to Find Out More
Deciding whether to use organic or chemical is an important decision based in part on your budget, expertise and how quickly you need results. In addition, your fertilizer requirements change along with the seasons. Contact us today at Bizy Boys LLC to discuss the pros and cons specific to your situation. We have the expertise and the skills to minimize the disadvantages of both organic and chemical fertilizer while maximizing their advantages.